Send us your comments and photos

If you would like to add a story or photo, please email them to japomani@hotmail.com

Cartoon superhero drawn by Mark

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mark and his name sake



Many of you know that I named my son who is now two after Mark. Here is a picture of Mark looking at my son (his namesake) when he was just a few weeks old. The picture says it all. Mark adored children and they adored him. He always wanted to hold the babies and make the older kids feel special.

When this son was about to be born my husband and I discussed, debated and brainstormed names. We wanted a name that was significant. We wanted a name of someone that this child could look to as an example. We discussed Lincoln and other heroic names. When Mark's name came up we both finally agreed. It was a name of someone dear to us and someone that we wanted our son to see the example of. Mark was honest, serving, compassionate, perceptive and empathetic to others. We had no idea at the time that Mark would pass away the day after our sons second birthday. I am so proud of my brother. He lived such a good life his service will be endless. One that my little boy can look to as an example and pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Did you happen to notice the picture of dad in the background. It really stood out to me the first time I looked at this picture. Mark said that he always felt him close by. I miss them both like crazy!

    ReplyDelete