Send us your comments and photos

If you would like to add a story or photo, please email them to japomani@hotmail.com

Cartoon superhero drawn by Mark

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Memories from a Cousin

The following is a post from Marks cousin Tracee Comstock:

Mark Richardson was a loving husband, father, son, brother, and friend and had his priorities together. He loved Lynn with all of his heart and he cherished his children and supported them in many ways. Mark was always willing to serve his family and others. We have truly lost MARK THE GREAT! He will be sorely missed. Mark and Lynn’s children continue to be some of the most kind children I know, always respectful and loving. My children enjoyed serving in student government with them. I remember when Mark was in High School and was their age, he was Seminary President, he always knew what was important and had a smile on his face. Mark and his friend Lon would come up to our home in Centerville and hang out and spend the weekend when they had wrestling tournaments. It was always fun to hang out with Mark. My life was blessed to have a cousin like Mark! His life was cut short for some reason, only the Lord truly knows. The only peace or understanding I think we can feel is that he and Lynn are together now, what a happy reunion that was for them to see each other again. The Lord must have had an important project for Uncle Lynn to do, something important to build, and when Uncle Lynn had a project, Mark was usually not too far behind, always willing to jump in and help. I know that Mark loves each of you very very much. You could always see the love the Mark had for others on his face and the big smile he always had when he would see you. I ran into Mark at Cal Ranch and he said Hi, calling me and Roger Ken and Barbie. Mark always made you laugh! Lynn, our prayers are with you and the kids, I know where ever you were Lynn, Mark was close by. He loved you with all of his heart and soul. He always spoke so highly of you and cherished you! Verla, our prayers are with you and all the kids too. Verla, you raised Mark well! It is very difficult to have something sudden like this happen. I know it was hard for all of you to lose Uncle Lynn. I know Mark was close to you Verla, and looked after you in so many ways. I admire all of your courage and positive attitudes. Mark truly was one of the most Christ like people I know! I have a friend that was less active at a younger age and she told me that the reason she became more active in the gospel was because of the Richardson’s. You taught Mark and all of your kids well, they all have great solid values and are a light to many. I hope all of you can reflect on Christ’s life, remember that Christ died at a young age, his Mother Mary and Mary Magdalene were heartbroken, but they had peace in knowing where he is. The great blessing and comfort that we can take from this, is that we know Mark lives! The veil is thinner than we think. We love you all and are all praying for you! We will all miss Mark the Great!

Tracee Comstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment