Send us your comments and photos

If you would like to add a story or photo, please email them to japomani@hotmail.com

Cartoon superhero drawn by Mark

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Here are a few words from a friend of Mark's Casey Pratt

Just a short note about your brother. I moved to utah in 2002 and bought an existing landscape company in Utah County. I knew absolutely nobody! I had been a police officer for 10 years and that was all i knew how to do...but because my family needed a life change and because if i stayed where i was i had a good chance of getting killed...so here i came to UTAH...I met Mark the first week i was here. Instantly he was that friend you had back in high school. We talked like we had just been on a fishing trip the week before. He was awesome. From that time on i often called him for help and advice, and even though we competed on getting the same job, he always helped me out...to this day i do not know of another landscaper that i would call a friend or one that i actually respect. I think when i was a cop i actually delt with more homest and good people than some of the contractors in UT.

I was out of town when Mark passed away. I had a million missed calls but no one left a message. I did not learn of his passing until the day of the funeral. Infact, I had an appointment to meet Mark for lunch that day, because he wanted to talk to me about selling me some pipe for some large projects we have coming up...I was so shocked. I am not a funeral goer, i really struggle at those things, so i apologize for not meeting you or his family in person and sharing my condolences.

Mark was one of a kind, but you know that. What a great man. We are so fortunate to have known him, and we are fortunate that there will be another reunion someday.
Please express my love to Marks family and to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment